12 July 2001

Something Dead

I tried to go to sleep, but just kept smelling this horrible odor. I sniffed my pillow, I sniffed my pits. I even sniffed her pillow and was convinced it was her pillow case. It smelled like something dead.

SO I removed her pillow case and laid back down. But there was that smell again. Maybe it was coming from outside.
So I got up and
stepped outside and the wind whipped around my head and I said through the window, "It's out here--something really strong."

So I came in and closed the window. But I still smelled it. I sprayed neutralizer all over the room. No change. I went to the bathroom medicine cabinet for some aspirin, because the smell had given me a headache. I opened the mirrored door and my eyes caught the ear wax removal bottle.

Then it hit me.

I had put some in my clogged ears earlier. I reached up and poked my finger into my ear and sniffed it.
Oh my god.

The whole time, I couldn't get away from that smell because I was carrying it around in my ears.


So the next time you smell something dead...


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment