02 August 2011

"Baeli is at the top of her game" (Also Known as DNA review)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting and Satisfying - A great Read!, August 1, 2011
Amazon Verified Purchase
I thoroughly enjoyed the first book in this series so when I sat down to read this one I was sure I was in for a treat.
And I was right.

This book features the two main characters from the first book, this time ensconced in a different city and getting on with the job of being happy and working as Private Investigators. This time however, two more, very interesting and appealing characters are added to the mix and the narrative swaps easily between each viewpoint, adding depth and
interest.

Then, in true AKA Investigations style, events conspire to spiral out of control, testing the fortitude, depth of feeling and sheer courage of each of the characters. Nail-biting action and heart-stopping tension take the reader on a roller-coaster ride through the pages, piling one catastrophe on top of another and testing the characters to the limit. I wasn't sure they'd all make it out alive in this one, but it sure had me turning the pages to find out. Baeli is at the top of her game here, delivering a book at once touching and full of odd, often humorous bits of wisdom and a storyline of exciting misadventure and action.

There's something about the main character's voice that delights me every time - self-depreciating humour and phrasing that reminds me of all the best pulp PI fiction but is at the same time refreshing and entertaining in this unashamedly lesbian adventure story.
You really should read it!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment