05 November 2008

Obama wins. Us too, maybe.


There will be thousands of people writing and commenting about this momentous event in history, but of course, I still have to offer my part.

The most surprising thing to me, beyond the overwhelming nature of Barak Obama being
elected, is that when that announcement went up on the CNN screen:

Barak Obama Elected President

...I began to cry. The reaction surprised me. I didn't even cry when Bill Clinton was elected and I was so thrilled when that happened. I think there are things underneath this, running strong in many of us. It represents the chance for the nation to put aside petty prejudices and each toward something of a higher nature. I really do feel Obama is different. Hopefully, this is about a person, not a color; a hope, not a fear. It's a feeling that might only be felt fully on an emotional level.

Now, I can only hope that the possibilities Obama represents for America, can be realized, and we can begin to solve all the greatest problems in this nation, and again feel proud to call ourselves Americans.



Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment