01 November 2008

Temporal Anomaly?

Something weird happened to me. One of those things you don't really notice until you think about it.

Yesterday, i went to bed at around 2:30 a.m., and as usual, continued reading the last of a book. I finished the last few short chapters and then got up to do the ritual things before bed, got back in bed and started a new book, read for about a half hour (no more than a hour), reached to turn the lamp off, and saw that by the clock it was something like 7:30 a.m. I thought--that can't be right, then recalled that clocks are to be set back, so it was really 6-something, and went to sleep. But I failed to realize at that moment that even losing that hour wouldn't account for 4 hours of reading, when i KNOW i didn't read that long- (or i would have almost finished the book--and i NEVER read longer than an hour before getting sleepy. WEll these thoughts didnt' gel until i awoke at around 7 PM. 11 or 12 HOURS LATER?

So once i gave this some thought, i realized i had lost about 3 or 4 hours of time. I was awake during that time, reading. I do NOT fall asleep reading a book, because i notice when the words stop making sense and i quit there for the night, so i don't have to re-read it again. And the times when i have fallen asleep, it was because I allowed myself to, and then usually, i awoke from what was really a cat nap. So in the circumstance in which this occurred, it was not possible that i fell asleep and DIDN'T KNOW I FELL ASLEEP. And it wasn't possible that i "lost track of time" or read for several HOURS longer than i realized......And why did I sleep for 12 hours after that? I wasn't particularly tired. I hadn't done anything except write the whole day, as I usually do.

It's got me thinking. Did i experience some kind of time wormhole? I believe it's called a temporal anomaly?
I'll have to look up some information on time variations and oddities.
Any insight from anyone would be welcomed, of course.




Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment