28 May 2011

Acrocat Monkey

Monkey did the funniest thing. She was living up to her name again. It might be a little hard to explain, since i didn't have my iPhone in my pocket and didn't get a picture of it...by the time it happened, i didn't even know it was going to be picture-worthy.
So, here's the scene: my washer and dryer is in a closet space with folding doors. I opened the left one to check the clothes in the dryer, and she slithered into the space between the washer and the door, and on to the side, another tiny space between the washer and the wall. Once there, she discovered there was nowhere to go, and started to back out, but her rump hit the door. Now, I've seen her do some pretty acrobatic things (she's an acrocat), but this time, I thought i was going to have to dig her out of there. Au Contraire. 
As I watched, she used her hind legs to WALK UP the door (still backward, mind you), then when she was balanced vertically on her front feet, flipped herself over, twisting like a gymnast, so that her back legs landed where her head used to be. Then she was facing out, and slithered back along the space and out of the closet.
I could swear i heard her say "Tah dah!"

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment: