07 May 2009

Herniated Disco: Lies & the Lying Doctors Who Tell Them


I am on new meds and using neck brace and neck pillow and things are doing better. I also just discovered yesterday that the neurology doc LIED to me. I'm about to go after him through certain other channels at the VA. But he told me surgery was my only option and didn't even mention other treatments. I have since found those resources and am pretty pissed that he just decided to tell me that surgery was best for me--he has a responsibility to tell me ALL my options. I was being railroaded. Now I've got up to 6 months to do other things that 95% of the time solves the problem. Can't tell you how infuriated I am. But glad i didn't cave in and believe him.

I have felt a lot better the last two days, with minimal pain. Just the few changes I made as suggested on medical sites has given me that...So I've got everything i need near my bed, including my computer, so that i can still do research and take care of bills and my writing and everything in the meantime.

And a friend of mine is interviewing for a job up here and is planning to move in with me. That will help us both, as I desperately need help, and she desperately needs to get out of the area and away from the people in her life there, and wants to start nursing school. There's a good one here, She also says she's moving to Colorado too at the same time I do.
It was so nice to hear someone say they were going to be here to help me. It's been so hard and I've been so emotionally and physically drained. So...win-win.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment