19 May 2009

Herniated Disco: Quantum Bungee


So I'm standing in the middle of the room, my T-shirt pulled over my head from the back, to bunch in the front, while I'm gathering my hair up to the top of my head, so that I can put the hair Bungee around it, so that i can apply Kinesio Tape to my neck...and just like that, the bungee was gone.

I continued to hold my bunched up hair atop my head, and looked around on the carpet. No Bungee. I made another thorough check to no avail; I even check my clothes and pockets, doing a little shimmy shake in case it just dropped onto a wrinkle, snagged on a protruding piece of fabric. Still no Bungee. And because i think nothing of talking to myself, I said aloud, "What the hell? Did it just slip into a parallel universe?" My cats (who insist I don't talk to myself, but to THEM) shrugged and were content to just watch the mystery unfold and to see how I would solve it.

I could not come up with an answer. So my next decision was to search for another Bungee. I dropped the hold on my gathered hair, and then Isaw it. It was around my wrist, like a tiny black elastic bracelet. Now, how did I NOT feel it roll onto my wrist? And yet, I have frequently looked all over for my pen, or my car keys and later found them. IN MY HAND.

I regathered and Bungeed my hair, and chalked it up to more evidence that just because I can't figure something out, doesn't mean there's not an explanation; and just because it did not go into a parallel universe, it doesn't mean there isn't one. Or two, or three. Or an infinite number. Regardless, I just hope that if I fall into one of those universes during my meanderings, they have plenty of Bungees.





Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment