17 June 2009

News from the Front Lines

Four of my books are live on Amazon and four more will be, by next week, probably. Then another five will follow within a month. Then I can start working on the books I've had to put on the back burner to do all those final edits. I've also gotten out of my groove with the writing because of everything else that required my full attention. I'm anxious to get back to it. It's such a part of me, that when I don't write, I start to feel a little empty.

Am on schedule for my relocation to Colorado. My disc is almost healed--no thanks to the stupid neurologist who told me I absolutely had to have surgery.
As usual, i question authority, so I did my own research. It is common knowledge among 98% of other doctors, that surgery is an absolute last resort, and those who have it are messed up for life. More scar tissue, more surgery, more alignment issues because your spine does not function well with metal plates in it. Conservative treatments are always the first choice, but he tried to railroad me into scheduling surgery....(he didn't show me the MRI or the x-rays and even talked down to me as if I could not possibly understand the situation. He sorely underestimated me). I know now, this could have ruined my life. I don't have anyone to help during something like that anyway. Not to mention that they would have gone in from the front of my neck, which would likely damage my vocal cords--no more singing.... It could have been a nightmare....and so I smell the pungent odor of malpractice. I'm going to file a complaint and hope they investigate how many lives he's ruined--he should NOT have a license. I have fantasies of waltzing into his office and doing a jig on his desk and then telling him I'm going to ruin him, and kicking him in the nuts on my way out.

{okay, deep breath, and back to my happy space....}

I am so excited about moving. I've had good luck selling stuff and will have a yard sale too in the next few weeks. My house is becoming more and more empty....less and less to load and move. Yea! Oh, and i have a possible volunteer situation to load the trailer (can't do anything like that anymore)--and I have a backup guy that I will pay to do it if the other thing falls through. Just trying to stay under budget.

I've already made some friends there I'm going to hang out with. Erin will be meeting me upon my arrival to help me, though I plan to have someone hired by then to unload. I did promise to take her to dinner, though, because she was so supportive while I was here alone with this crippling neck injury. She's very sweet. I'll try not to take advantage of her. hehe.
Okay, maybe a little.






Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment