11 August 2009

Women's Homophobic Meetup Group


Several friends have asked about my evening with the Women's Social meetup group. So thought I'd jot a little blurb to let you all know that I don't think I'll be hanging out with that group.

We met at Baker Street Pub in Lakewood--great place. I'm sure I'll go there a lot. Just not with these people. I had nothing in common with them. Just a little example...

They were all talking about dating, and I was asked directly what kind of men I date. I wanted to
say, "The kind with breasts and lipstick" but was afraid they would think I like to date drag queens. So I said. "I don't date men."

And one lady said, "Oh, burned out?"

I said, "No. I just don't date MEN."

Then things got quiet. You'd think I had just said I was a Muslim Jihadist, looking for a passport. I said, "Look at that, I just outed myself, and everyone forgot how to talk."

They sort of laughed nervously, and then the subject got changed quickly. The group organizer asked another woman something.

So a few minutes later when another participant said she had to leave, I said I did too. "I have a date," I said. "With a NON-man."



Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment