12 April 2010

Monk Invader


Dreamed...I was in a house, not sure where, and the front door was open, screendoor closed. A man in a monk's cassock-- with two kids next to him, digging through a pile of leaves and trash just
outside the door--it was as though I had cleaned up the yard and piled it up. The Monk was taking stuff from the trash and putting it into a gunny sack.


He sees me and opens the screen door and walks right into my house. I start to move toward the other side of the room, as he says something to me with a sweet, pleading voice. I'm trying to remember where I put my gun, thinking I might need it, just in case. And he pulls a pistol from his other sleeve and grabs me,  jams it under my left arm and shoots me. I fall to the floor and he moves toward the other rooms with his sack, looking for things. 
I am in no pain. But I wonder how long before I bleed out. He might be here too long for me to get help. So I am moving toward the dresser for the gun, looking in the drawer, but gun's not there. I'm searching in nightstand, blood now draining down my side, it's not there either. I'm trying to think where i left it...I became weak and dropped to my knees, wondering where I left my iPhone. It's not in my pocket...


I fall to the ground and turn my head to see those two kids he brought with him, standing just on the other side of the screendoor, just staring down at me numbly. I can hear the monk coming from the other room; I see him carrying the sack full of things, he turns as he walks by, and looks down at me. Then he lifts his gun at me again.
I wake up




Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment