28 March 2011

Fleeing Field Mouse



Rushing around like a fleeing field mouse, trying to think ahead, and protect myself. Closed the joint accounts, opened a new one in my name, with an extra security code only I would know; got them to do auto transfer of my direct deposit due in on 1st to my new account. The new card would be held until I called with an address, as I told them it was obviously not a good idea to mail it to the house.

Called AT&T and had her iPhone number removed from my account. I'd still pay the same amount, until i found some number from a battery of an old phone so they could remove $30 data package. Hopefully I can get my old single plan back without paying this much for the contract duration. I don't have an old cell phone laying around for the first time in my entire life. Screw it, I just needed her not to run up that bill. And I bought her that iPhone for Xmas anyway, and resented that she'd get to enjoy it now on my dime.
Storage: got new lock plug ($10 I couldn’t really spare), changed the code for the gate to get in too. I called Apartment office. Place not ready until 30 May. Have to find place for 2 months. Extended Stay, probably.

Called to have myself removed from D's Home Depot and Discover cards; don't want to incur liability for those bills when I didn't ask for that privilege anyway she wanted me to have them. I never used the Discover card, and only the Home Depot one for a few dollars when she sent me to get something. It was the account she used to buy all the renovation stuff for the house.
Got online and bought a PO box, at the suggestion of Justi, since I didn't want my mail to forward somewhere where she'd know how to track me down.
Called Car place and told them the story and asked how they wanted me to pay last two payments—would they take a temporary check? They said to send the check, so wrote that out, had to hunt all over for an envelope, and finally climb into u-Haul and do some excavating and spelunking and finally managed to force my arm thru a hole, finger open the desk drawer and free the envelope. When I tried to seal the check inside, realized it was an old envelope and the stickum didn't stickum, no matter how many times I licked it. I was painfully short on spit, due to dehydration. I finally found some scotch tape and taped it, but that was also old, and had also lost it's stickum. I found more scotch tape, yes, back in the u-Haul, in my desk, which required a re-excavation and arm poking and fingering open a drawer. This tape worked. But when I clipped the envelope to my Daytimer page, I realized I had no stamp, so looked all over, and thru D's stuff for one. No luck. Would have to find time to stop at post office and wait in line for that 44 cent square of paper that had, no doubt, working stickum on it. I'd let the postal clerk worry about that.
CW came by to help me load. Got lots of wish-we-were-there-to-help messages from those friends out of state. So tired, and more to load and do. I am so afraid I'll blow a disc again, and I am in so much pain. But maybe that's what keeps me awake. I will have to make second trip to get my stuff to storage--only a few things, the last load. And that's with me having to leave some stuff i could not carry up the stairs anymore. I left several things. Like my bookshelf and my TV--too heavy for me to handle. Couldn't turn U-Haul in on time so had to keep for second day. I am so overwhelmed and just trying to keep myself together to get these things done. I don't dare let myself think of the emotional parts, or I might not be able to stop crying.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment