02 April 2008

Politically Incorrect Kevlar


I keep hearing from friends about how bad the job market is. Some of them are struggling to find work, and they have found that there are some jobs they can't get,
thought they are qualified. You know why? Because nowadays, many jobs are off limits unless you are bi-lingual. Banks are a good example of this.

Now, lets think: isn't this BACKWARDS? I feel it is. I think it is the antithesis of how things should operate. If someone from another country who speaks another language, comes to the US, they are the ones who should be bi-lingual. I shouldn't have to learn another language, in order to find certain employment, as I am not in another country. I am in America, and our national language is ENGLISH. This problem has had a domino effect and has undermined service industries, the worst of which we see n certain service industries. Like customer service, via telephone. When you call for help on any number of services from your cable, to your credit card, to your Pay Pal account, haven't you noticed that it's almost always someone w
ith a thick foreign accent who is there to help you? Who among us, has not had to deal with the language barrier of a customer service rep who isn't fluent in English? Nine times out of ten, i have to ask for them to transfer me to someone else, hoping to get someone i can understand and who can understand me. inevitably, I get cut off during the transfer, and have to call back, or i get connected to someone else of another nationality whom I cannot understand, and who can't understand me.

Now, if we say something about this, we are dubbed racist. This is what i mean by Political Correctness being counter-productive. It's not about the color of anyone's skin. I don't judge people by that. Normally, i judge them individually, by their behavior; by their character. And this service industry problem doesn't' even have anything to do with THAT. It has to do with the need for clear
communication. Which we can't have if those who immigrate to this country are not expected to LEARN THE LANGUAGE. It makes no sense for English speaking natives to suffer because of this. This is Reverse Discrimination.

So, now, I'm putting on my Kevlar vest,
in anticipation of the aspersions that
will soon be firing in my direction
for being such a racist.






Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment