27 June 2011

Intelligence as Intimidation Factor

How can it tank so fast? Another woman chickens out of meeting me, saying,

"I didn't expect to like you this much, this fast....While it's true I am very intelligent, I am not really well read or informed on as many subjects as u and I don't want to feel less-than, from the start."

So i guess I'm supposed to pretend i don't know what i know, dumb myself down so as not to intimidate??? WTF?

Do i have to go to a fucking Mensa meeting to find a woman who is NOT intimidated by the fact that i have a brain and know how to use it? It's not like I'm Einstein for Harpy's sake.  I know my IQ is well above average (149)--but hell's bells! I'm also funny, playful, sincere, intuitive, understanding, affectionate, open, honest, ethical--and pretty damn good in bed, too......When did intelligence become Pariahville in this society?

With all the information out there available to anyone with a computer, anyone can learn. I don't have a Master's degree or a PhD, but I learn about everything that interests me, and even some things that don't, because i feel I should know about it. (And generally I share that knowledge in books I write, blogs I write, conversations I have, on Facebook, on Twitter and anywhere I else i think it might be beneficial to others). Though I've had 8 years of college, I am primarily self-educated.  I've cultivated the skill of conversation (or at least communication) with clarity-- and hopefully sometimes eloquence. 

Yes. I am pissed. I'm sure I won't stay that way, but right now I am. I resent being socially ostracized just because I'm smart. Socially and interpersonally, I always try to seek out all the highly intelligent people, but they are hard to find. They are perhaps hiding from those who are intimidated by them.

Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. Indeed they may be. I'm sure this will not assuage your anger and resentment but I will say nonetheless (cuz that's what I do) that it is completely her problem, her insecurities. Obviously she is too unsure of herself to give you what you deserve in a relationship. Now you don't really want THAT do you? :) sux, though. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meredith-thanks so much for your input. I wish I FELT like it was entirely her problem, but these things keep impacting ME, so it does feel like MY problem. You know? One could make an argument that I am the common denominator here, so "duh" as they say. It's me. Feeling very weary of this situation, and weary of feeling weary about it. But you're right, I don't want to deal with someone who isn't on the same page. It does suck the big one, though.
    Thanks for taking the time to comment.
    Best,
    Jae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jae,
    You are welcome. I appreciate your brain. sounds weird I know, but I appreciate that you think, etc. and then share it! bonus for me :). ok now I'm looking like a smiley face person. not me. (as you can see here http://thedailybipolar.blogspot.com) but sometimes it comes in handy. anyway back to you. I do know what you mean about feeling like it's your problem. And anyone would probably say "It takes two." blow it. that last description definitely felt like her. I really don't have any words of wisdom, just wanted to respond. Kudos for you for keeping on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to have my brain appreciated! LOL. There are certainly pitfalls to being open, and I have taken my fair share of criticism for it--but I don't know any other way to behave. To me, honesty is indeed the best policy. I'll check uot your blog as well. And thank you for your comments and encouragement. Feel free to comment anytime you wish.
    All the best,
    Jae

    ReplyDelete