14 March 2008

Birthday Blows

(I wrote this on my birthday, yesterday, but didn't get it posted in time, as i was busy writing other posts and trying to get that random-text JavaScript to work. I welcome any JavaScript Gurus who might be able to tell me how to fix it. But here is the post, belated, as birthday recognition seems always to be):

I woke to the sound of leaf blowers, realizing March Madness, for me, isn't a basketball tournament, but a month signifying the beginning of the Condo Association's launch into landscaping and general outside maintenance.

So, the first leaf blowers have arrived. There were 6 of them. Like a posse. Those leaves had to go, and they were armed and already at it, summarily disrupting my common daytime slumber. What happened to the good old days of raking?

There are better uses for a leaf blower. I think prisoners ought to be punished by being put on crews that blow leaves, except don't give them a blower. They have to do it manually-- or...mouthily. That'll teach 'em to be lawbreakers! They'll be so dizzy, they won't be able to commit another crime.

So I'm up, now, ready to bitch-slap the Help.
Happy birthday to me.
:angry-spank:
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment