14 March 2008

Google Whore

I get around.
But only on the Internet. I assure you I am pure as the driven snow...and you know how pristine snow is, after it's been driven...

Periodically i do a Google on myself to see where I'm showing up and what my placement is for my books, and blogs and my various pages on jaebaeli.com. Today, my name appeared on 2,980 pages. Encouraging.

On one site, they were giving away my articles and short pieces, and i had to contact them and tell them to stop. I generally want to get paid for reprints.
Every now and then my name will end up on a site, and i have no idea why. I wasn't sure what this was about until i noticed the name. On a sports-talk site, one of my novels got mentioned...I wasn't sure why, until i realized that one of my characters shares a name with a hockey player, Dominic Fontaine.

This is one of the kickers. aIt was on some French site for a singer named Patricia Kaas. It's obviously gibberish, but i never thought of my name as GIBBERISH. Maybe someone out there can edify me about what the deal is with stuff like that.

Je te di vous | Patricia Kaas http://www. Amazing-cover-letters. Sometimes a can wait their turn Kelli Jae Baeli a variety of reasons. Story is best told Je te di vous | Patricia Kaas


This one was entertaining, but i think it was more gibberish.






Got a mention on Blogsbywomen.org:



And there's this one:

Look at that. I'm famous and i didn't even know!




And here was a pic of me i didn't even know existed--i was playing at my Guitar Bar "event" during Eureka Pride a few years ago.

Shiny.







And one of my books was on a wishlist by some chick in Trinidad.

Wonder if she's cute?


And this was on a Paramedic Insurance site. My book Achilles Forjan has two lead characters who are paramedics...
  • Press Release Tips and Template - PRWeb - Auto-Owners Insurance and the Demmer Corporation first Mid-Michigan organizations accepted into Scanlon Leadership Network ... Kelli Jae Baeli Announces Release of Genre-Bending Suspense Novel, "Achilles Forjan" A troubled paramedic struggles with ...

My article "Being Fully Human" was reprinted on Selfimprovementadvice website, too. They didn't think to ask for my permission either.

Ah well, as they say, all publicity is good publicity.


Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. LOL! OMG -- that is ..... um ... REALLY weird and VERY cool in a scary way. I mean yeah, any publicity is good publicity -- you can be another Kathy Griffin (she'll do anything to get noticed, and I love her for it). But you're not even trying and you're developing a "following" of sorts in some of those cases. That's cool...and interesting.
    Georgie

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks. Yeah. I didn't intend to blog that, but was searching and realized some might find it interesting. Some of it was intentional, but it had unexpected results...

    Just woke up, so gonna go make coffee...for now, without a skin...but in time, I'll be searching for that paper clip boat.
    Luya,
    Jae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...of all the monikers you have had in your life, Google Whore has to top them. I could write an unauthorized bio of you called just that, (insert hokey country accent here)" My Seester's a Google Whore...Whut's Your's?"
    Honestly though, Jae, I'm proud of you...I think it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shel,
    Thanks for being proud. I need that from my friends, since I'm an orphan.

    What would happen if i authorized that unauthorized biography? Would that keep you from telling all my secrets? mmm, come to think of it, i doubt i have a single secret left. It's all over the World Wide Web. Spoken like a true Google Whore.
    love you,
    Jae

    ReplyDelete