01 February 2008

I Would Have Done Yadda Yadda


In our getting-to-know-you phase, we often come across instances or people in general who flounder about and have no idea how to please us. Then when it comes up later, and they say "Well, what did you want me to do?"

And you say, "I wanted you to do yadda yadda."

"Well, if you had just told me I should have done yadda yadda, I would have," they respond.

Now, when you were in school and you took an exam, and then turned it in, you might have marked a wrong answer. But you don't tell the teacher, "Hey, i'd be happy to put the right one on there, now that I know."

She is not going to let you do that, because you should have known the answer to begin with, and if you didn't you simply got it wrong. Period. You didn't know the subject well enough.

Consider your partner/significant other/spouse as a subject that you must study and learn and internalize, so that most of the time you make high marks. But whatever you do, don't complain that you would have done better, had they given you the right answers.

That's cheating.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment